Monday, January 28, 2013

The Ring!

Hello Friends!

I hope you all enjoyed the proposal story as much as we enjoyed living it. So my mouth had hit the ground when I finally saw the ring, the ring that I actually didn't design at all, it was all Romy! I guess (even though the proposal was amazing and well planned) he had been planning the ring for about SIX months!

As I had said before, he had worked with the AMAZING A Trio Jewelry in Milwaukee's third ward to custom design the ring. Romy worked with Amy Shallow (owner) who took his vision and made it a reality!

I guess watching Sex and the City for all the years actually paid off! Romy's inspiration for my ring was Carrie Bradshaw's black diamond stunner (if I do say so myself).



Of course not copying her ring, Romy was able to construct my ring from start to end with Amy's help! Instead of a black diamond Romy choose a perfect round cut emerald (which he knew was my favorite gem stone), white gold, with white diamond's on the band!






The process after making the blue prints of the ring included making a mold of the ring. The first thing to come in was actually the stone, so they set the stone in the mold to ensure Romy was positive he LOVE how it was going to turn out. After that step was finished they (Amy's husband Noah) actually created the band and setting for the stones.

Romy said that after he received the finish product it was the hardest secret he ever had to keep from me!

I know I already posted a picture of the ring, but check of the professional pictures Amy has on their website!



Romy's number one request in this whole designing process was that you can see the silhouette of the stone (each side of the stone looks like the above). The wedding band and Romy's ring will be designed by Amy and I can't wait to work with her on the process!

I can say that he did more then an AMAZING job on this ring! And I LOVE that I can say that he designed 
 the whole thing from start to finish! He truly is my one and only and I can't WAIT to be his wife!

Check back tomorrow to learn about our search for wedding locations!







No comments:

Post a Comment