After the sun had set on Washington Island (about 4:30) and there wasn't much to do on the island we headed back into "town." This was basically a strip of of restaurants and shops...except in the winter months, only one of them was open... K K Fiske restaurant.
It was great! Of course being such a small place they only offered one thing a night...and Thursday night was Pizza night!
We enjoyed a couple of beers and this veggie pizza and ended up going back to the hotel pretty early. Of course at the point we were both full and lazy, so we decided to grab a bottle of wine, blankets, and build a fire down by the water. It took some work, but Romy was able to man up a fire!
As we were sitting, cuddled up by the fire, we were talking about how perfect the day was. I was asking Romy why we had went on this adventure, and he stated that he just wanted to spend time together before the holiday began (which are very busy for us).
And then he said... "I have just one more surprise for you..." and then pulled out a small little black box...and I opened it to find...
Custom made earnings...
Of course I just though they were so gorgeous! Black diamonds surrounded by white diamonds...amazing... it really a took a few seconds for the whole thing to set in and then it happened. Romy said the look on my face when the box opened was a mix of sadness, disappointment, and homicidal range. I cried and yelled and was so upset that I had to go back to work and all the people who were watching my Instrigram feed all day. I left the fire and went straight to bed. I figured that was the best way for me to not say something I would regret later.
I was later (12:30am) awoke to Romy rushing around the the room, making hot chocolate, getting hand warmers, blankets and more things together. He informed me that I needed to get out of bed, get dresses nice and warm and come back outside with him. Needless to say it took him about a half an hour to get me to get out of bed and get dressed. We walked back into the cold and back by the fire pit. But, this time it wasn't lit and we sat back on the bench in the cold dark night. Romy and I cuddled up together and he had me look up into the clear sky and I saw a shooting star, and then I saw another.
Before I knew it the shooting stars didn't stop. Romy looked at me and said that we had to come to Washington Island tonight 12/13/12 because it was the Geminids Meteor Shower of 2012 and Washington Island was the most clear location in the United States aside from Alaska to view it. Before I knew it Romy was fidgeting and shaking and rolling off the bench to one knee. He barely got out the words out, "Will you be my wife?" and I couldn't believe what was happening. The day was full of so many up and down's and it took me a while before I said anything, I just couldn't believe it was happening. He then said, "you still haven't answered me yet..." Finally I got the words out, "YES! Of Course!" We kissed and ran back to the room because I couldn't see the ring in the pitch black. My mouth hit the floor when i finally saw the ring for the first time, it was everything I had ever wanted and Romy custom designed it at A Trio Jewelers
No comments:
Post a Comment