Friday, March 15, 2013

Wedding Cake: Cake topper

So a couple of weeks a go I posted about our type of wedding cake.    Now I would like to tell you a little more about our cake topper. It has been pasted down from my dad's parents and both my dad and aunt had used it on there cakes for their weddings. Now it is my turn to have the cake topper pasted down to me! I actually did a little research and found the exact same one on pintrest! Anyway, the cake topper needed a little work after the past 50 + years of it hanging out in grams china cabinet. So this is the before picture (but the after picture that I took off the flowers and stuff...)

 A look at the discoloration and cracks from over the years


The lovely "stuff" my family members added over the years



Up close and personal she needs some work
 So I trucked out to Micheal's to get some supplies. Pearl pant and some flowers that actually fit the size of the figurines. After a day of working on this cake topper I cam up with some improvements that I think will look amazing on our cake! 

Add some  flower branches around the couple to make it look more "life-like"

I panted the base and dress in the pearl pant to cover up the stains and give it back some life

 Aside from our amazing cake topper I think I have found a design that I really like. I know a trend right now in bridal is letters up-top cakes instead of figurines, but since we have a cake topper already I still want to incorporate name new name into the cake.


Oh course our letter will be a R, but I love the pearl detail and the lace piping on every other layer is perfect! Also instead of having 4 layers we will only be having 3 layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment